I used Killdisk to wipe a hard drive intending to clean it before selling.
I now cannot use the hard drive. Device Manager in Windows reports the "device is working properly"
It is connected using USB.
I have tried:
- Using Disk Management in Windows, can't operate on drive
- Using GPartEd, cannot see drive
- Various other software with same result
- Using two other computers
- Using both the USB and eSATA connections
The drive (or maybe the record represents the bridge, not the drive itself) does show up under Windows in "My Computer" as a "Removable Disk".
- Opening it results in "Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (G:)."
- Attempting to format results in "There is no disk in drive G:. Insert a disk, and then try again."