My Firefox 4 browser "freezes" for several minutes (yes, minutes) between mouse clicks. All other applications work fine (even while Firefox is "frozen"). How can I fix this?
I've fought this for over a month. If I can't get this resolved, I'm abandoning Firefox. I think it's some kind of upgrade/corruption problem, or possibly some kind of buffering/memory management problem in Firefox. Other browsers work fine (IE, Chrome, etc.), even while Firefox is "frozen".
- Win7-64bit, Intel Core2-quad @ 2.66GHz, 8GB RAM
- Firefox 4, Beta-10 (I've auto-upgraded since Beta-3)
- 37 windows, 164 tabs (yes, a heavy load) <==Firefox can't handle?
- Firefox Process usage about 1100-1200 MB, not much CPU
- Only a few basic Firefox plugins (Flash, PDF, etc.)
- Running AVG-antivirus (Free) and SuperAntiSpyware (Licensed)
Should Firefox be able to handle this load, so there is something for me to fix, or can I simply not do this load with Firefox? (It used to work.)
EDIT-- Sorry, I am running Firefox 4.0.1 (not Beta-10).