I'm a long time Ubuntu user but having Unity in Ubuntu 11.04 is really an issue for me as I can't adjust to it. However, GNOME 3 seems more intuitive than Unity. As currently, there's no reliable way to have GNOME 3 installed on base of Ubuntu 11.04, so I'd like to migrate to Fedora 15 until next release of Ubuntu, which will have full GNOME 3 support. Following are the points related to migration I'm unclear about.
- Which popular Linux software is NOT available to Fedora and is available to Ubuntu? (Any source of such list of applications would be great).
- I use Launchpad PPAs for latest versions of certain applications in Ubuntu, what is a PPA alternative in Fedora?
- Is "sudo" and "gksu" available?
- Does Fedora 15 supports read/write to NTFS and FAT file systems.
- Proprietary codecs are available? (like "ubuntu-restricted-extras" in Ubuntu).
- My laptop hardware has been supported out-of-the-box in versions of Ubuntu from 8.10 to 11.04 (which I have used so far). And that includes Intel integrated GPU as well, do I expect to face any issues in Fedora?