- Win XP SP3 connected to the internet from a USB modem on an 845GBV board
- Win 7 x64 with an on-board realtek chip
What I want to try:
- Setup a NIC on the 845 GBV board
- Use the slackware installed on virtual box to be the gateway for my second box from the NIC card
- Subsequently make this a 2-node cluster (perhaps beowulf/knoppix just to play with BOINC to begin with) running Slack on the other box (that currently runs Win 7 x64)
- Is this feasible?
- Could this arrangement Win XP(USB) > Slack (Virtual box/Ethernet) > Windows 7 x64 (Ethernet) damage my hardware?