My old netbook (AOA110) is getting extremely hot when connected to charger, (thus it has battery dead above 50%), actual charger is about 20-30% more powerful (current/watts) than original - which died half a usage time ago and have not caused any overheating.
Win7's power management is configured to 10% min 100% max cpu usage at both battery and DC power. Fan is, well, almost OK - at least it well cools down the system, when charger is not connected.
I just can't understand, how voltage/current (sent from DC/battery circuit) may get the chips to heat more than expected - they indeed should not draw more power, quick motherboard exam shown no burn marks of possibly dead components. But, the heat is definitely generated outside of battery unit and under heavy load
Maybe, it's the chipset/BIOS power management feature that keeps processor (Atom N270) under full power even without load, when power source is connected. Is there any other explanations rather than this firmware problem?