Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can I link two layer masks together?

I'm trying to create a divider bar in Photoshop, that fades out at each end (see picture).

As you can see, I have it fading out at the bottom. How can I do the same to the top?

share|improve this question

If you want to apply two layer masks, just put one on the layer in question and then put the layer in a Group. Then apply the other layer mask to the Group. Hope that helps!

share|improve this answer

You can acheive this using a single layer mask and using either:

  • the reflected gradient tool (easiest) or
  • the linear gradient tool in transparent mode used twice (useful if you want different fade for top and bottom).
share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .