After a week or so of using Arch Linux I cant access the Internet. It takes around 5 mins to load Google (most of the other websites just give me a timeout), pacman’s downloading speed range between 5-2Kbs, and pinging google takes around 9Kms.
I’m connected using wireless network (Wi-Fi card is Intel Ultimate 6300 and router is Edimax 6524n).
Every other Windows machine that's connected to the network (and even the T410 running Windows) is fine, so the problem lies in Linux.
So far, i checked the
resolv.conf file (my router IP address is listed), and the hosts file (pretty much default), and I disabled the IPv6 module.
None of that helped.
I'm using NetworkManager (but the problem still occurs when connecting using wicd) running on Gnome3.
Also, something really strange happens whenever I ping Google: I get an unknown host 'google.com', but the bit rate from the card jumps at the exact second I ping google (so far, the bit rate jumped to 54Mb/s from 1Mb/s over the course of 4 pings).