Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to change an HTTP request before sending the data.

I tried WebScarab for the purpose, but it looks like it doesn't work with Facebook properly. (And I dealing with Facebook (https if possible, otherwise http) here)

Is there any good way to change the HTTP request before sending it?

Note: Normally this would be an application that sends data to a locally running proxy server on some other port before sending the data to the server.

Extra: My aim is to edit the name to which the Facebook comments are tagged to. But that's not really important unless you know a way to do the same in a different way.

share|improve this question
maybe Fiddler http proxy might but I don't know how to use it.. – barlop Jun 2 '11 at 12:32

Try burp proxy.

share|improve this answer
While this link may answer the question, it is better to include the essential parts of the answer here and provide the link for reference. Link-only answers can become invalid if the linked page changes. – user3463 Aug 14 '12 at 7:04

Like a comment said, I'd go with Fiddler. Its a good debugging proxy, and allows changes to the stream. It has a lot of plugins, and lets you write your own (if you know .NET).

share|improve this answer
I did not mention: I am running Fedora at home. Mac otherwise. Sorry. – Anuj More Jun 4 '11 at 13:29
+1 for fiddler. It's incredibly powerful. – cmorse Apr 7 '14 at 4:20

I'd suggest using Charles web Proxy it has a rewrite tool for modifying HTTP requests.

share|improve this answer
Could you please provide a rational reason for down voting? Have you used Charles before? – Bruce Apr 7 '14 at 5:21
No, there wasn't, it was a random shoot. I corrected :-) – peterh Apr 7 '14 at 5:45
No problem. Thanks:) – Bruce Apr 7 '14 at 5:46

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.