I'm trying to document a number of Access databases using Visio 2007.
The process I'm following is
- create an ODBC connection for the database, pointing to the appropriate file (all files are on my local drive)
- start Visio
- Create a new Database Model Diagram
- From the Database menu pick Reverse Engineer
- pick the data source from the list
- go thru the wizard, selecting all of the tables. (no username or password is needed to open the database in access, so those are left blank)
when I click finish, I get an error:
Error! Cannot extract column definition for the table/view 'TABLENAME'.
The definition is not available or you may not have sufficient privileges.
Please check with your database administrator.
The db opens fine in Access 2007.