Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Is there a keyboard shortcut to minimize/maximize the ribbon in MS products? I'd like to do this at least in MS Word 2007 and Outlook 2007

share|improve this question
Windows, OS X, or other? – Lukasa Jun 3 '11 at 13:12
@Lukasa: Office 2007 only exists for Windows (the corresponding OS X release is Office 2008). – grawity Jun 3 '11 at 15:36
@grawity: That is totally right, and highly embarrassing. Excuse me while I go hide my head in the sand for a while. :P – Lukasa Jun 3 '11 at 17:26
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Try Ctrl + F1

See Minimize the Ribbon - Microsoft Help

Applies to: Microsoft Office Access 2007, Excel 2007, Outlook 2007, PowerPoint 2007, Word 2007

share|improve this answer
This also appears to work in Office 2010. – edusysadmin Jun 3 '11 at 13:46
You're right. There is even a little, clickable arrow on the top right side. – timbooo Jun 3 '11 at 13:48

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.