Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

Does anyone know of a tool or keyboard shortcut for double clicking and highlighting a word in Windows? I'm getting clicker's finger with a particular task and looking for keyboard alternatives for word highlighting

share|improve this question
up vote 5 down vote accepted

Dunno if there's a Windows-wide one (I think it probably depends on the app) but there is always the cumbersome

Ctrl+, Ctrl+Shift+

share|improve this answer
That's also what I would go for. You could make a macro out of that and assign that to a single keystroke. I also searched for commands you can apply to keystrokes and found nothing along the lines of "select whole word". So apparently it's not there out of the box. – Joey Aug 25 '09 at 9:42
Looks like this is the closest I'll get and have to stick to the double clicking – Chris S Aug 25 '09 at 11:42

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .