I've recovered some files from an hdd that weren't supposed to be deleted in the first place, but they have seeking problems/crash the players. Since they have the right size, I'm thinking it might be a problem of corrupt index/header, so I'm trying to find a way to fix them. It's easy to find examples on how to fix corrupt .avi files with
mencoder, but .wmv seems trickier.
Also, I realize there might not be a way to fix these files, but I figure I might as well as try. As far as players go, I've tried opening it with vlc/mplayer/windows media player.
I can use anything on Windows XP/7 and Ubuntu, as long as it's free. Since the files are 200mb+ and there are quite a few, I don't think trial software would work.