I get this error if I try to activate my 2-month-old Windows installation.
- I have tried restoring default registry permissions and other things as officially directed by Microsoft - no change.
- I have tried adding Network Service permissions on the whole Registry/HKU - no change.
- The computer is not joined to a domain.
- Plug and Play and Software Protection services are running OK.
- I am using perfect Windows 7 keys which work everywhere else.
- I have tried using an elevated command prompt for the slui command - nothing changes.
slmgr /atoin an elevated command prompt gives me the same:
0x80070005 acccess denied.
slmgr /dli says:
Line 1333 char 5 permissions denied.
- I am doing everything as admin and elevated
- I can not run system repair from the CD since my system is encrypted using 3rd-party encryption software.
This should not be happening. I am using TrueCrypt for full system encryption. I have always used it and everything has always been OK on other installations - the Windows activation mechanism as well as all other programs do not even ever detect that they are all in an encrypted environment. It's always been transparent.