Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

To test a theory for another question I have open, I need a tool that will capture, and display all the scancodes being received by Windows.

I need to see if Windows is receiving some kind of signal to control the audio levels via the keyboard.

share|improve this question

closed as off-topic by fixer1234, Nifle, Kevin Panko, DavidPostill, mdpc Apr 8 '15 at 6:30

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

  • "Questions seeking product, service, or learning material recommendations are off-topic because they become outdated quickly and attract opinion-based answers. Instead, describe your situation and the specific problem you're trying to solve. Share your research. Here are a few suggestions on how to properly ask this type of question." – fixer1234, Nifle, Kevin Panko, DavidPostill, mdpc
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

up vote 13 down vote accepted

KeyCodes works on Windows 7 (and presumably older versions as well).

KeyCodes screenshot I took

share|improve this answer

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .