I use a Remote Access Tool to use my PC when I'm not at home. After reformatting a couple nights ago, It's been weird.
After reformatting I have opened the Remote Tool before doing anything else and it worked, like it has been working for the last 5 months. Great. No problems at all on that night, continued on installing updates and applications.
After that night of installing important updates and applications I usually use, the remote tool just seemed to stop working, but the following night it started to work again.
The next day it stopped working, and in the middle of the day it did, now it hasn't worked at all ever since. (It's been 4 days since the reformatting)
I am thinking that one of the important updates has caused the problem, but I'm not sure.
To use the remote tool, I need a DNS server and I need to port forward, which I port forward to :82.
These are the steps I have tried to get the application working:
- I tried with my Firewall off.
- Updated the DNS
- in CMD I used ipconfig to make sure the local ip is the same as the one in my router settings (in order to port forward)
- in CMD I used netstat (while application was off) to see if the port was being used. Nope. I opened up the remote tool. port 82 shows up as listening.
- I used a VPN application that auto port forwards to see if port forwarding was the problem, still nothing.
- I only have 2 important applications and DropBox that runs on start up.
I can't think of anything else to do to get this to work! Please help me! It was working fine before the reformatting!
Computer Specs: I'm using Windows 7 64bit, if need anymore details, please ask.
I just reformatted again, without any updates! and the application still doesn't work.
Maybe the question should be "Why can't I connect from outside of the network".....