I'm seeing a lot of conflicting information, on Super User and the web in general, about nVidia cards running three monitors. The opinions I have found so far include:
- no single nVidia card can run three monitors
- an nVidia card with a display port can drive three monitors.
an nVidia card with an HDMI port a DVI and a diaplayport can drive one of each.
- Where does this confusion come from?
- What are the real requirements for a three monitor card.
- is there a definitive list somewhere.
PS: I'm only interested in single card solutions because I only have one PCIex16 slot.
PPS: sorry, SLI is not an option (unless its on a single card)
My goal is to be sure that the card I buy can run three monitors.
I'm limited to Nvidia because I have custom CUDA code it needs to run.
I'm running Ubuntu if it makes a diference.