- Manufacturer Dell Inc.
- Model XPS M1530
- Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
- System type 32-bit operating system
- Number of processor cores 2
- 64-bit capable Yes
- Display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
- Total available graphics memory 1791 MB
- Dedicated graphics memory 256 MB
- Dedicated system memory 0 MB
- Shared system memory 1535 MB
- Display adapter driver version 188.8.131.5233
- Primary monitor resolution 1440x900
- DirectX version DirectX 10
I just installed the newest drivers that came out as of June 1. I am still getting this checkerboarding/shadowing effect and it doesn't really make any sense. This happens mostly on Firefox, but is occasionally seen on windows when the screen dims to install a program.
I think it's actually affecting everything else. I used to be able to play games such as StarCraft 2 and World of Warcraft on rather high settings, but now I have to drop everything low and it still doesn't respond well, if at all.
I'm not not sure where to go from here. I have tried updates and everything but still nada. My last thought might be that the system's heating up too much and affecting the video part of the motherboard. Any thoughts?