I'm trying to get my new Vista Ultimate computer to share the wireless connection my XP Pro computer has via a LAN using an old Linksys router I have. After 2 days I finally got my XP computer to be able to access the internet and share files via the LAN, and the Vista computer can share files but cannot access the internet using the XP's wireless connection.
- Has wireless USB connection. Wired to router.
- Can access both internet and share files on LAN
- Internet connection sharing (ICS) is setup for the wireless connection.
- Wireless Info: IP - 192.168.1.81, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: 192.168.1.254
- Wired LAN Info: IP - 192.168.110.3, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: (blank)
- Has LAN (connected to router) and can share files
- No Internet Access
- Wired LAN Info: IP - 192.168.110.2, Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0, Gateway: (blank) - IPv6 Disabled - I see "Residential Gateway Device" in my network, in properties it says "Model: Internet Connection Sharing" but I can't do anything with it
- IP Address set to 192.168.110.1
- DHCP Disabled
How can I get my Vista computer to have internet access too? (I don't have wireless for it to connect to the wireless network directly, nor can I access that router directly). I feel I am so close after messing with it for 2 days... any help is much appreciated!!