- I was wondering if the bits of OS, of instruction set, of CPU registers, of data bus from CPU to memory, and of address bus from CPU to memory must be consistent in some sense and how?
- When we cay bits of an architecture, which one of the above is it referred to?
- When we say bits of a CPU, which one of the above is it referred to?
- Why in the table in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_CPU_architectures, the bits of register are sometimes bigger than the bits of the architecture, and sometimes smaller? Aren't they supposed to be bigger?
- When we say bits of an OS or application, what does it mean? does it mean? Must they be the same as the bits of instruction set?
Thanks and regards!