Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

How can I create videos like this:

What software do they use? I see lots of these types of videos and curious as to what they use to make them.

share|improve this question

migrated from Jun 21 '11 at 8:59

This question came from our site for power users of web applications.

Nice question, I'm certainly interested too. Though I fear the answer involves a lot more than a remotely simple program.. For now. I sure hope I'm wrong about that though. – Doc Jun 22 '11 at 0:04
While this may not be how they did it, you can achieve similar results (not the same, but worth a look) - – Breakthrough Jun 22 '11 at 2:34
up vote 2 down vote accepted

They may have used After Effects for this. You can find tutorials on how to make it in AE here

Its known as Typography I believe

share|improve this answer
More precisely it's called typographic animation. Typography is the art of creating and arranging type. – stib May 30 '14 at 11:59

Another idea is maybe Adobe Flash. It's made to make animations so something similar might be achievable.

share|improve this answer

Not to look like a cop out answer, but I have been able to achieve similar looks using Photoshop or similar programs to create the graphics

share|improve this answer
Yeah, but the thing is that Photoshop doesn't really make moving images.. – sinni800 Jun 22 '11 at 11:53
Yes it does, you can create gifs and many other things – admintech Jun 22 '11 at 12:23
Oh it can? I find that kind of strange, hence the name PHOTOshop ;). Alright, but I dont think you can make real videos without having to make it frame by frame? :D – sinni800 Jun 22 '11 at 12:28

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.