Recently, I've realized that my ^A key binding has stopped working in OSX.
My assumption is that some application has registered ^A as a hotkey, but I don't know that for certain. I don't recall installing anything new lately, but it's certainly possible that I did and just forgot.
Some other pertinent info:
- ^A doesn't work in any application -- this isn't just a Terminal.app issue
- Other control combos (eg: ^E) still work as expected
- Looking through the Keyboard System Preferences pane shows nothing bound to ^A
- A reboot doesn't help
- However, logging into under a freshly made account does cause the issue to go away (i.e.: ^A works for the test account)
- My StandardKeyBinding.dict has the correct value for ^A
- Note: I don't have a DefaultKeyBinding.dict in /Library/KeyBindings or ~/Library/KeyBindings
Any ideas on how to debug this?