I bought a SSD to install it as C: drive on Windows 7. As the SSD size is relatively small, I need to come up with an idea to reduce the files/directories in C:.
What I found is as follows.
- Run WinDirStat to check how the C: is used.
- Remove the hibernate file (if you don't use it)
- Symbolic link files and directories to different drive.
- I'm not sure if this is safe way to go, I asked another post to ask about it.
mklink /d e:\windows\installer c:\windows\installer
- Install software to E: directory, not C: directory.
What other tools or tips do you have?