I'm trying to set up SSH into my local Mac. I have taken the following steps:
- Enabled remote login on the Mac
- Verified I can ssh from my local Mac into my local Mac
- Verified I can ssh from another computer on the local network into my Mac
- Created a custom application forwarding port 22 traffic to my Mac (following the instructions for my 2Wire router found here)
- Verified that port 22 is open on the external IP address using an online port scanner
- Set up DynDNS to map
myusername.dyndns.orgto my dynamic IP address and installed the software on the local Mac.
However, when I try to SSH in using the external IP address, I get the following error:
17> ssh XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX -l kevin -v OpenSSH_5.8p1, OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011 debug1: Reading configuration data /Users/kevin/.ssh/config debug1: Reading configuration data /opt/local/etc/ssh/ssh_config debug1: Connecting to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX [XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX] port 22. debug1: connect to address XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 22: Operation timed out ssh: connect to host XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX port 22: Operation timed out
Can you help me figure out what the problem is or how to debug it? I'm at a loss and I don't know how to log incoming traffic, or figure out where the connection is being dropped.