I'd like to know if I need to be concerned about any hardware parts that I should include in a brand new Mac Pro purchase, instead of trying to hunt it down on 3rd party vendors (or whitelist vendors / hardware suppliers).
The main components I'm interested for "upgradeability" are:
- Processors (if starting with two 2.4GHz Quad-Core "Westmere");
- RAM (if starting with the least possible, which seems to be 6 x 1GB);
- Video Cards (if starting with one ATI Radeon HD 5770, can a second one be purchased elsewhere?)
- Hard-Drives (since these are mounted in specialized trays [if I'm not mistaking], are they also sold elsewhere? And can they be bought as SSDs?)
- Power Supply (do I need to be concerned about this at all, or does it auto-adjust depending on the new component upgrades?)
I just want to be sure by choosing a Mac Pro with lower component specifications that I can in fact purchase upgrade parts cheaper elsewhere.