Now I have looked at a few sites on the internet and everyone says these are the steps.
- Open 'Internet Options'.
- Click on the 'Security' tab.
- Select the 'Internet' zone
- click on the 'Custom level...' button.
- Scroll down till you find the 'Scripting' section.
- Under 'Active scripting', select 'Disable'.
I repeated steps 4 - 6 to disable for 'Local intranet' and 'Trusted sites' zones as well. (The 'Restricted sites' zone has already set 'Active scripting' as disabled).
7. Close and open Internet Explorer 9 to restart it.