From the Truecrypt FAQ,
Can I configure TrueCrypt to mount automatically whenever Windows starts a non-system TrueCrypt volume that uses the same password as my system partition/drive (i.e. my pre-boot authentication password)?
Yes. To do so, follow these steps:
- Mount the volume (to the drive letter to which you want it to be mounted every time).
- Right-click the mounted volume in the drive list in the main TrueCrypt window
and select 'Add to System Favorites'.
- The System Favorites Organizer window should appear now.
In this window, enable the option 'Mount system favorite volumes when Windows starts' and click OK.
For more information, see the chapter System Favorite Volumes.
Note that, unlike the regular (non-system) favorites, system favorite volumes use the pre-boot authentication password and, therefore, require your system partition/drive to be encrypted.
So, Read from the Favourite Volumes section.
Favorite volumes can be mounted in several ways:
- To mount all favorite volumes, select
Mount Favorite Volumes or
- press the '
Mount Favorite Volumes' hot key (
- To mount only one of the favorite volumes, select it from the list contained in the
When you do so, you are asked for its password (and/or keyfiles) (unless it is cached) and if it is correct,
the volume is mounted. If it is already mounted, an Explorer window is opened for it.