I forgot to set a
make --prefix and I think it wrote to /usr/local/ by default and now I'm having all kinds of errors. I'm on ubuntu natty, what's the easiest way to resurrect glibc. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall using
dkpg-reconfigure on libglibc2.0-dev but didn't work. I tried to download glibc from source and it gave error "sorry, unimplemented: inlining failed in call to ‘syslog’: function body not available". Apparently I have to rebuild gcc pass it kernel headers and do all sorts of devilry the least of which I understand.
I don't really want to have to reinstall everything if possible any help would be appreciated.
edit: Looks like it overwrote during install /usr/local//lib/libm.a /usr/local//lib/libc.a
$ ldd /bin/ls linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007fff453ff000) libselinux.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libselinux.so.1 (0x00007fdcd202f000) librt.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/librt.so.1 (0x00007fdcd1e27000) libacl.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libacl.so.1 (0x00007fdcd1c1e000) libc.so.6 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0x00007fdcd188a000) libdl.so.2 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0x00007fdcd1686000) /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x00007fdcd2271000) libpthread.so.0 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007fdcd1467000) libattr.so.1 => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libattr.so.1 (0x00007fdcd1262000)
According to this site for it to work I have to make some modifications for things not to break when I am compiling, but it would be nice if I could somehow undo the mess I made. I lack a fundamental understanding of how a lot of this works.