I googled this and tried some solutions, but nothing seems to work. In the past, Hibernate worked fine. Someone told me that this can be caused by specific hardware, and I have lots of that, because this is a dev machine which we use to develop modules that interact with lots of different hardware. Moreover, this machine also uses RAID, which might have something to do. Is there any way to troubleshoot this by looking at some log file or using some tool?
EDIT: Things I tried (without success)
- Control Panel->Power Options->Power Schemes->Turn off Hard Disks: Change from "Turn off after 20 mins" to "Never"
- Enable a network adapter which was disabled (I read that this could bring problems)
- Get the latest Windows XP Updates
My hardware (only the interesting stuff):
- Intel Core2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86 GHz
- 3 GB of RAM
- Intel 82801GR/GH SATA RAID Controller
- JMicron JMB36X Controller
- MagicISO SCSI Host Controller
- Two (2) Radeon X1650 graphic cards (primary and secondary, I use two monitors)
- TSSTcopr CD/DVDW SH-S182F
- MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM0000
- Two (2) Marvell Yukon 88E8053 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controllers
- An Intel PRO/1000 GT Desktop Network Adapter
- A 1394 Net Adapter
- A Realtek RTL8187 Wireless 802.11b/g 54Mbps USB 2.0 Network Adapter
- SafeNet USB Dongle (this is a special image processing hardware)
- 4 pairs of com0com virtual serial ports (yes, these appear in the Device Manager - I use them to emulate some hardware)
EDIT 2 (IMPORTANT): I forgot to say that when I try to hibernate and it restarts, the "Resuming Windows" screen appears, and a "Windows is locked and being used" login box appears. When I log in, I recover all the open programs I had when I tried to hibernate.