I've got a problem that has me totally stumped, and I'm hoping someone here has some ideas that might help me.
- A Dell computer running Windows XP
- A Linksys AG241 ADSL modem
- A Netgear WGR614 wireless switch
Until recently I had the Dell and the Netgear plugged into two network ports on the Linksys and everything worked fine. The Dell could browse the internet, and my iPhone could too via wireless. Then it stopped working for no apparent reason, and I have no idea why.
Things I have tried:
- Plugged my Lenovo Win7 laptop into the DSL modem -- can browse the internet no worries
- Plugged Dell into the Netgear -- can see it and configure it fine
- Plugged Dell into Linksys -- can't see it. The network port light on the front of the Linksys doesn't light up.
- Plugged Netgear into the Linksys -- can't see it. The network port light on the front of the Linksys doesn't light up.
Point 1 tells me that the Linksys modem is fine. Point 2 tells me that the Dell computer is fine. But when I plug the Dell into the Linksys it doesn't work (#3).
I am completely stumped and don't know what to do next.