I'm diagnosing some issue with Oracle virtual box where virtual machine sometimes perform terribly slow (much slower then notebook with worse configuration):
- i7 (2 cores with HT = 4 logical CPUs), 4GB RAM, 5400 rpm disk, Win 7 64bit
Virtual machine (Oracle Virtual Box)
- Host: i7 (4 cores with HT = 8 logical CPUs, 12 GB RAM, system runs from SSD, virtual machine from 7200 rpm disk, Win 7 64bit)
- Virtual machine: 4 cores assigned, 8 GB RAM assigned, Win 2008 R2 Enterprise (64 bit)
- Virtual machine uses bridge to separate network interface (machine has two)
- VPN for network communication
- No other virtual machine runs on the host
- Host has installed ESET Smart Security
All SW is updated with last version.
My question is if anti-virus on the host machine can somehow affect performance of the virtual machine and if so how can I turn it off without turning the anti-virus itself?