I am doing a clean install, having tried from both USB and DVD with two different images (32 and 64-bit) and am still receiving this error regardless of which boot options I choose. I've done Safe Mode, Safe Mode with networking, Low Res, and everything else on the list, and yet I am always encountered with the following:
- Boot from USB/DVD, press f8 for alternate boot options
- Choose any of the listed options
- Black screen with grey bar on the bottom shows loading status
- Windows 7 logo fades on screen and starts animating to show further loading
- Logo fades out, and a black screen with mouse appears
- Mouse is able to move, but nothing happens even when left alone for days at a time
I'm tempted to think this is a video card or CPU incompatibility problem, but it had the same version of windows installed before I decided to reinstall.
I'm working with a Compaq Presario CQ61-411WM laptop.