I need to find a program which;
- Works on linux.
- Can be used to backup an entire website (these backups should include everything, so I can browse the website offline and encounter no missing files at all, if I need to)
- Its offline version does not have to be dynamic
- Has scheduling options that allows the program to work automatically every day (If I can combine it with cron, that's fine, also.)
- Can be free or commercial
This is an internship assignment and my project manager is not available for a couple of days so I have some questions still unanswered.
Things I don't know about:
- Whether or not I have privileges on the website (username-password etc.)
- Whether or not I have to use the backup files to update-restore the website (the backup files have to be browsable, that's the only thing I know)
Previously, I tried to ask another question here in Superuser, while I was thinking a website downloader might suit my needs. Someone suggested wget and I was trying to find a solution for my problem with wget. Now, I think what I need is closer to a backup software, so I'm asking for your opinion again.