Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

a video capture

Just as the capture shows, when you type something using the keyboard, a big label appears at the bottom of the screen showing the keys you typed.

I use Windows & Linux, so I just want to know if there is a similar software to do that?

share|improve this question

migrated from Jul 16 '11 at 8:03

This question came from our site for professional and enthusiast programmers.

What software does this on mac? I'd like to try it out – CamelBlues Jul 16 '11 at 7:59
I think I've seen something like this used in video lectures from and I think it was mac software, too. – pavium Jul 16 '11 at 8:56
@CamelBlues - KeyCastr – Nifle Jul 16 '11 at 10:41
up vote 2 down vote accepted

For Linux check Screenkey:

share|improve this answer

There is Key Jedi

Key Jedi allows learning and training to use keyboard shortcuts. It can be used in presentations, screencasts and videos, as well as when working with someone else on the same machine to teach new shortcuts. It shows a visual list of shortcuts as you type them, no matter what application you work in. It is free, simple and quick to use.

Emphasis mine

share|improve this answer
Hmm. Immediately crashes on my machine, so I can't check it out =( Any idea? – Merlyn Morgan-Graham Jul 18 '11 at 8:11

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .