I've recently decided that with my new nvidia GeForce 8400 GS graphics card that supports HDMI - I could do what I've always wanted to do, set up a multiple monitor system. I used an HDMI cable from/to my TV and then a DVI to my side monitor. Unfortunately nothing seemed to happen - it didn't recognise any monitor or TV on my computer, and my TV simply said "No Signal". I've tried a LOT of things to try and get this to work (as listed below) and am absolutely desperate to fix it.
Things I've tried/tested:
- Tested the cable for another use (and it worked fine).
- Tested the connection with a small very new TV on which the extended display worked
- Tested the connection with a "regular" semi-modern TV on which it didn't work (and obviously it doesn't work on my intended display either).
- Updated graphics drivers.
- After a lot of trial and error got it finding my display and thinking it's outputting to it's fine, however I still get "No Signal" and can't see what it's trying to display.
- Used Phoenix and monInfo (and regedit) to EDID patch the monitor when I got the situation above. This seemed to make no difference (still got "No Signal")
- Tried other HDMI cables just incase.
Could anyone give and tips, advice or anything to try and help me out?