Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I want to change the size of a "restored" window. is there a solution?

share|improve this question

Re-size it, then hold the Shift key down while closing it. Re-open it to test.

share|improve this answer
After posting this answer, it is also worth mentioning that some are set at a fixed size by the programmer, and I hate when they do that. If that does not do it, please be more specfic as to OS, and what kind of window. – KCotreau Jul 17 '11 at 14:11
I second. Most programs are well behaved. . . But not all programmers are created equal. – surfasb Jul 17 '11 at 14:59
the solution doesn't seem to work on Chrome.. – Pacerier Jul 29 '11 at 20:48
Are you primarily concerned with Chrome, or just in general? – KCotreau Jul 29 '11 at 22:43

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.