I've been bugged by this issue ever since I installed Linux(mint) on my eeepc.
- List item
- Wireless modem router is connected to internet and sharing internet properly.
- EEE PC starts up and connects to router automatically, has internet connectivity. All systems are up and running fine.
- Router requires reboot for whatever reason or power shorts out. EEE PC stays on because it's running off battery power.
- Router comes back online and shares internet again.
- Other Windows computers reconnect automatically.
- EEE PC still left in "disconnected" state.
I've tried looking around at the admin options but there doesn't seem to be much.
I've also taken a look on the forums and many point to the iwconfig command. Checking the retry options, they seem to be on default.
IEEE 802.11bgn ESSID:"twigwireless"
Mode:Managed Frequency:2.422 GHz Access Point: 00:04:ED:46:63:CB
Bit Rate=150 Mb/s Tx-Power=20 dBm
Retry long limit:7 RTS thr:off Fragment thr:off Encryption key:off Power Management:off Link Quality=54/70 Signal level=-56 dBm
Rx invalid nwid:0 Rx invalid crypt:0 Rx invalid frag:0 Tx excessive retries:0 Invalid misc:0 Missed beacon:0
I'm pretty new to all this, but as I'd like to run the EEEPC as a headless box, it's a bit of a pain to drag it out just to reconnect to the wireless every once in a while.