Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

If I'm in vi, and I see that I've transposed two characters, it is easily fixed by putting the cursor over the first and typing x followed by p in command mode.

Is there a similar trick that works at the bash command line in emacs mode? I realize that I can set to vi key bindings, but I prefer not to do that given that emacs key bindings are the default for many command lines in my life.

share|improve this question
looking for ctrl-t???? – kindahero Jul 19 '11 at 9:25
Yep, though I didn't know it. Answer, and I'll upvote and accept. – Eric Wilson Jul 19 '11 at 12:39
up vote 13 down vote accepted

Emacs key binding Ctrl-t runs the command transpose-chars, which also works in the terminal

share|improve this answer
yay! same as Sublime.. easy to remember – ptim Dec 24 '15 at 0:09

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .