My apologies if this is the wrong place. I've been looking for a solution to this problem and it seems that this is a website that gives a lot of great technical advice.
This morning I noticed that my system was a lot slower than usual, so I ran Iobit's virus scan and removed 3 trojans. After removing the trojans, I found I was no longer able to load any pages in Firefox, Chrome, or IE; which was odd, since I was able to connect to the Internet just fine. I was able to access other programs like Steam and my SVN client that depend on Internet connectivity. In my browsers, I simply could not load any pages, not even any scripts I was testing on my localhost.
I checked the networking options in each browser and verified that it's not connecting through a proxy. I'm using Windows 7 and also verified that in my connection settings only the 'automatically detect' option is checked.
Oh yeah, I also ran two more anti-virus programs, Malwarebytes and Avast, and both confirmed that my system is now virus free.
I'm really at a loss for what to do now.