Similar question for Windows users:
Keeping folders synced between several machines
I need a cross-platform sync tool with reasonably simple GUI interface (so I can teach non-expert users how to use it).
My requirements are:
- tool works the same in Windows and Linux
- and supports bi-directional syncing
- and syncs local folders as well as over the network (network syncing may be platform-specific)
- and is capable of advanced file comparison (checksums) as well as quick one (mtime)
- and has a simple GUI (single windows, two panel)
- and is available in languages other than English (or can be easily translated)
- and works reasonably fast on large syncs (does not hang nor crash)
Unison. GUI is too unnatural and too foreign for Windows users. I don't believe I can teach non-experts users to use it. Only in English. Seems to be rather unresponsive (user interface issue).
DeltaCopy (Rsync windows service). It is not bidirectional and mostly intended for non-interactive syncing. Only in English.
JFileSync and DirSync. No translations. One of the two was crashing on huge syncs (I don't remember which one).
Is there anything else?