Consider next situation:
- one phone line with DSL connection (Annex B),
- one Annex B DSL modem with one LAN port (Zyxel P660RT2)
- one Annex A DSL/modem+router (Huawei EchoLife HG520)
- one old laptop with only LAN port and Win XP SP3
- one laptop with wifi and LAN with Win7 onboard
We need to make internet available on both laptops
So i configured PPPoE on Zyxel, connected it via LAN with Huawei, and then connected Huawei via LAN with old laptop and via wifi with new one. I manually set all ip's in the network and set default gateways in laptop's LAN configs to zyxel's IP.
Internet connection appears to be working but it's very slow (but if i connect zyxel directly to any of laptops i get all 10mbps), neither if both laptops are connected nor with only one of them.
I've tried to disable DHCP on both laptops and everything i've managed to find in modem's menues but connection speed doesn't change.