As the title suggests, I am looking for a simple file manager script that has some form of version control system built into it.
My needs are:
- It needs to be web based (written in PHP using MySQL for storage)
- I need to be able to edit the files without moving them. (In other words if a file resides in
/public_html/somedir/somefile.php, I want to be able to edit it from there without the need of creating a new project folder just to house this one file.)
- A basic no frills file editor will be fine, but it would be nice to have some form of syntax highlighter built in if possible.
- Needs to have a very basic version control system where I can add, edit, delete different versions of a file I am working on. (this is where the database comes in)
- Must be able to support multiple users with some sort of file locking to prevent 2 users from editing the same file at the same time.
- It needs to be free / open source.
Basically, all I want is a script that will allow me to login to it and present me with a list of all the files and directories located on my hosting account. I would then like to be able to select one of these files, save a copy of it to my database so I can recover it if need be, edit the file, and finally overwrite the original file with my edited version when I am done.