Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. It's 100% free, no registration required.

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

From time to time, but very rarely, I get a little arrow on top of a tab in Google Chrome as you can see in this picture:

What is this little arrow on top of a tab in Google Chrome?

Why is there? what does it mean?

share|improve this question
up vote 16 down vote accepted

Its the drop location marker when drag/dropping tabs, and it's been left behind due to a repainting bug in google chrome, as outlined here:

Changing theme should fix it.

share|improve this answer

Your Answer


By posting your answer, you agree to the privacy policy and terms of service.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.