Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I have a question, I want to know which type of controllers are connected to my PC. For example it is a XBox controller or a normal usb gamepad.

share|improve this question
up vote 1 down vote accepted

I think the path you're looking for is:


In the general case, replace the GUID in that path with the GUID in the ClassGUID key for your device, and replace the 0017 with the specific device instance from the Device key.

share|improve this answer
Apologies... Will have another look. Have you tried a simple registry search for "Twin USB Gamepad"? Also, look in your WINDOWS\inf directory for the input.inf file, do a text search there for "Twin USB Gamepad". – Mike Insch Jul 26 '11 at 16:15

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .