I search and browsed through the first 10 pages of SU but cannot find a solution. So I am reposting. Hope it is fine.
I have a Win2k3 AD server which also shares some folders on the network at \\myserver at the static IP 192.168.x.y. When accessing via hostname, one Win 7 laptop client reports a "cannot connect" error and on the last line "user name not found" (or "user not found", can't remember). This problem is intermittent, happens some days and not on some other days.
These are the places I checked/set:
- I can resolve and ping both IP and hostname.
- DNS server IP on Win7 is correct.
- I check that NetBIOS Helper Service is started.
- Adapater Propertes > Advance TCP/IP settings > NetBIOS setting = default
- wireless disabled, use only LAN.
- network domain is correct
- AD username and password are correct.
- both client and server on same subnet.
If I log out and log in with another user, it works, both IP and hostname. I am not sure where to check pertaining to AD user specific issue. But the shares has been set to eveyone allow read/execute.
Any ideas what could be the issue? Thanks.