I have a
TP-Link Wr1043ND router and I want to install one of these two firmwares:
I read that I can install custom packages and do much more than I can with the original firmware.
I would like to ask someone with experience in using both OpenWRT and DD-WRT which he would recommend and why. And to give a few reference points I'm interested in:
- reliability – network stability both on cable and wireless and on the usb drive
- performance – network speed, very important also usb drive speed
- configurability – the possibility to add extensions such as a torrent client, FTP, SSH, WWW and SVN server directly
- ease of use – the ease of installation and configuration of the router
- support/docs – how much info there is if you stumble upon a problem and you have to find some documentation, or if there's any free support (but that's a longshot)
Of course I don't imagine that I will find the perfect firmware and that one is vastly superior over the other.
Also if there's anyone out there who uses one of these firmwares on a TP-Link Wr1043ND, it would be great to get some feedback about the impact of the changes from the original firmware.
P.S. I'm open also for
Tomato if it's the better one.