I have a Dell Dimension 420 that has suddenly developed what I am calling a "blurry" screen.
First: Screen went all pixelated:
Mouse would no longer move (laser still on), and keyboard CAPS lock would not toggle or illuminate. Windows Side Show on the case LCD ceased responding (said something about could not communicate with Windows). No blue screen. Had to power cycle.
Second: Above symptoms repeat after ~5 minutes of normal use after booting.
Now: Seeing blurries even when in the BIOS, Windows repair screens, and Windows logon.
What I have tried:
- Replacing monitor (with a spare)
- Replacing all monitor cables
- Sadly, I have no on-board video card (or spares) to test with
I almost assume it is the video card (since the problem is in BIOS too) except when it initially also affected the keyboard as well.
Misc machine specs:
- 32-bit Windows Vista Home
- 3 GB RAM
- E6820 processor
- Video card - standalone, DELL G92 HMGA16