Wireless presentation gateway is just what we need - be able to connect to projector or tv via notebook wireless link.
However i`m curious about how these devices work. Do they send image at some rate to the device and it further translates it to video or can it just display specific file formats?
I read about WiD130 Wireless Projection (the Why wireless? tab) and i'm suspicious as it states:
- Show PowerPoint and/or multi-media presentations
- Prefect for displaying documents, spreadsheets, and drawings
- Surf the internet and e-mail
- User friendly web-based user interface
- watch movies*, video, or stream music
*Non-Copyright protected material.
Does it parse document/video/audio formats and send it to TV or will it just stream your desktop? Sorry, but reading those marketing materials, it's not obvious for me.