Apple Time Capsule on Windows XP, 2000, Vista, Windows 7/8/8.1, and Windows 10
Ethernet Connection Setup & Internet Sharing with Time Capsule Drive.
Time Capsule must be connected to your PC.
- Download and install AirPort Utility.
- In AirPort Utility you will find your Time Capsule. Click on it and the click Manual Setup.
- Go to Disks tab and check File Sharing. Some blogs will confuse you about Workgroup name. Just ignore or leave it blank.
- In AirPort tab go to Time Capsule. Choose your Time Capsule drive name. Set up a password so your Time Capsule network drive will be protected.
- Go to Wireless. Set up as you like. In my case I am sharing my Wi-Fi adapter Internet connection to Time Capsule and am using Time Capsule as a router with the option Create a wireless network.
- Go to Internet tab -> Internet Connection -> Connect Using (Ethernet) -> Connection Sharing [Off (bridge mode)].
- Go to TCP/IP.
- IPV4 Using DHCP.
- DNS Server must be 192.168.137.1
- Domain Name: mshome.net
- Go to Network and file sharing.
- Choose your Ethernet card.
- Click Properties.
- Double-click TCP/IPV4.
- Use the following IP configuration:
- IP Address: 192.168.137.1
- Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
- Default Gateway: leave blank
- DNS you can leave empty, if not you can use Google DNS.
- Preferred DNS: 188.8.131.52
- Alternative DNS: 184.108.40.206
- To share your Wi-Fi Internet adapter with Time Capsule you have to go to your Wi-Fi card in the Sharing tab and enable sharing with Ethernet connection by checking the option Allow other network user to connect to through this computer's Internet connection.
The Internet connection might be not working if you have Norton Internet security. To be able to share Wi-Fi you need to change Norton firewall rules. You can check which rule is blocking the Wi-Fi connection by looking in firewall log in the Norton History tab.