Why would I get an electric shock from a VGA cable connected to an LCD monitor?
Similar to this question I got shocked today with a new computer I just bought. How is this possible and how can I prevent this?
- There is NO powercord in the PC!
- Only the VGA cable is plugged in, tested 2 different flatpanels
- When touching the case and my metal desk, I feel a shock.
- Unplugging the monitor cable from the pc stops the shocking (obviously)
- unplugging the powercord from the monitor stops the shocks (obviously)
- power-outlets are not grounded, and there's no grounded outlet on this floor (top floor)