Super User is a question and answer site for computer enthusiasts and power users. Join them; it only takes a minute:

Sign up
Here's how it works:
  1. Anybody can ask a question
  2. Anybody can answer
  3. The best answers are voted up and rise to the top

I'm looking to upgrade a Lenovo ThinkPad X300 with a new SSD drive, to double its storage capacity. I would like to take the old drive, which is a 1.8 inch SSD SATA drive, and use it in a desktop machine. But I hear rumors that the power requirements may not be the same. Do I need an adapter? What is it called? Where do I get it? How will I know?

(I'm not worried about physically mounting the drive since luckily I have an Antec Solo and can just suspend the drive. So correct power and connectors are my only issue.)

share|improve this question
up vote 2 down vote accepted

1.8" Sata Drives use Micro Sata. You can get an adapter to 2.5" Sata that will fit in pretty much any laptop or you can buy a further adapter to use it in a desktop.

I have seen a few in shops at very high prices, but, the best bet is probably eBay. A quick search found this one for about $20.

share|improve this answer

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .